Last updated: March 20, 2020
If you don’t know already, Danceaway is an app for dancers to find partners anywhere and anytime! Our biggest wish is to make sure that all dancers can express their own personality and specificities with others and meet up for a dance at a social night or at a festival, for training together, for meeting new dancers when travelling, or simply for chatting about dance.
📦 Information that we collect
We collect 4 types of data:
- Personal data that you provide
- Information that we get from the way you use the app
- Information that we collect from third-party social media services
- Information collected while using the app
✌️ Personal data that you provide
While using Danceaway, we require that you share some personally identifiable information that can be used to contact or identify you. Those personally identifiable information may include, but is not limited to:
- Your email address
- Your first name, last name or nickname
- Your GPS coordinates
- The pictures that you upload into your profile
- Information about the dances you like
- You conversations
- Your friends list and requests
📱 Information from the way you use the app
When you use Danceaway, we automatically collect information related to the way you use the app so that we constantly improve your experience on the app.
We may collect certain information automatically, including, but not limited to: when you use the app, who you contact, the data and time of your exchanges, the number of messages that you send to each other, the types of dancers that you connect with. All of these information help us understand what you like so that we can improve our service.
🤳 Information from Social Media Services
The Company allows You to create an account and log in to use the Service through the following Third-party Social Media Services:
If You decide to register through or otherwise grant us access to a Third-Party Social Media Service, We may collect Personal data that is already associated with Your Third-Party Social Media Service’s account, such as Your name and Your email address.
🎒 Information collected while using the app
While using Our Application, in order to provide features of Our Application, We may collect, with your prior permission:
- Information regarding your location
- Pictures and other information from your Device’s camera and photo library
We use this information to provide features of Our Service, to improve and customize Our Service. The information may be uploaded to the Company’s servers and/or a Service Provider’s server or it be simply stored on Your device.
You can enable or disable access to this information at any time, through Your Device settings. You can also enable or disable location services when You use Our Service at any time, through Your Device settings.
✏️ Use of your personal data
The Company may use Personal Data for the following purposes:
- To provide and maintain our Service, including to monitor the usage of our Service.
- To manage Your Account: to manage Your registration as a user of the Service. The Personal Data You provide can give You access to different functionalities of the Service that are available to You as a registered user.
- For the performance of a contract: the development, compliance and undertaking of the purchase contract for the products, items or services You have purchased or of any other contract with Us through the Service.
- To contact You: To contact You by email, telephone calls, SMS, or other equivalent forms of electronic communication, such as a mobile application’s push notifications regarding updates or informative communications related to the functionalities, products or contracted services, including the security updates, when necessary or reasonable for their implementation.
- To provide You with news, special offers and general information about other goods, services and events which we offer that are similar to those that you have already purchased or enquired about unless You have opted not to receive such information.
- To manage Your requests: To attend and manage Your requests to Us. We may share your personal information in the following situations:
- With Service Providers: We may share Your personal information with Service Providers to monitor and analyze the use of our Service, to show advertisements to You to help support and maintain Our Service, to contact You, to advertise on third party websites to You after You visited our Service or for payment processing.
- For Business transfers: We may share or transfer Your personal information in connection with, or during negotiations of, any merger, sale of Company assets, financing, or acquisition of all or a portion of our business to another company.
- With Business partners: We may share Your information with Our business partners to offer You certain products, services or promotions.
- With other users: when You share personal information or otherwise interact in the public areas with other users, such information may be viewed by all users and may be publicly distributed outside. If You interact with other users or register through a Third-Party Social Media Service, Your contacts on the Third-Party Social Media Service may see Your name, profile, pictures and description of Your activity. Similarly, other users will be able to view descriptions of Your activity, communicate with You and view Your profile.
⚙️ Retention of your personal data
We retain your personal data only as long as is necessary and as long as you use the app. In general, we will retain and use your personal data to the extent necessary to comply with legal obligations (for example, if we are required to retain your data to comply with applicable laws), resolve disputes, and enforce our legal agreements and policies.
The Company will also retain Usage Data for internal analysis purposes. Usage Data is generally retained for a shorter period of time, except when this data is used to strengthen the security or to improve the functionality of Our Service, or We are legally obligated to retain this data for longer time periods.
🖇️ Transfer of your personal data
Your information, including Personal Data, is processed by us and by any parties involved in the processing are located. It means that this information may be transferred to — and maintained on — computers located outside of your state, province, country or other governmental jurisdiction where the data protection laws may differ than those from your jurisdiction.
🤚 Disclosure of your information
Under certain exceptional circumstances, we may be required to disclose your personal data if required to do so by law or in response to valid requests by public authorities (e.g. a court or a government agency).
Other legal requirements
We may disclose your personal data in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to:
- Comply with a legal obligation
- Protect and defend the rights or property of the Company
- Prevent or investigate possible wrongdoing in connection with Danceaway app.
- Protect the personal safety of users of the Service or the public
- Protect against legal liability
🛡️ Security of your personal data
The security of your personal data is important to us, but remember that no method of transmission over the Internet, or method of electronic storage is 100% secure. While We strive to use commercially acceptable means to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee its absolute security.
🗺️ How we process your personal data
Your data is essential for us to provide a high quality service and to improve your experience along the way. This is why service providers have access to your personal data only to perform their tasks on our behalf and are obligated not to disclose or use it for any other purpose.
We may use third-party Service providers to monitor and analyze the use of Danceaway.
- Amplitude: Amplitude is an analytical solution to understand user behavior in order to build engaging experiences. It implements strong security and privacy throughout its platform. The application and platform are designed to be secure and reliable. Their platform is implemented within Amazon Web Services (AWS), a secure, fault-tolerant cloud that incorporates strong security controls. AWS further provides compliance with a large and varied set of security standards. Rather than relying solely on Amazon for the security and compliance of their platform, Amplitude has implemented its own security program that ensures that we follow industry best practices and improves overall security. We also adhere to the principle that your data is yours, which means that we will never share it with any third parties.
We may use your personal data to contact you with newsletters, marketing or promotional materials and other information that may be of interest to you. Don’t worry, you may opt-out of receiving any, or all, of these communications from us by following the unsubscribe link or instructions provided in any email we send or by contacting us.
We may use email marketing service providers to manage and send emails to you.
- Facebook: Facebook remarketing service is provided by Facebook Inc. You can learn more about interest-based advertising from Facebook by visiting this page: https://www.facebook.com/help/164968693837950
To opt-out from Facebook’s interest-based ads, follow these instructions from Facebook: https://www.facebook.com/help/568137493302217
Facebook adheres to the Self-Regulatory Principles for Online Behavioral Advertising established by the Digital Advertising Alliance. You can also opt-out from Facebook and other participating companies through the Digital Advertising Alliance in the USA http://www.aboutads.info/choices/, the Digital Advertising Alliance of Canada in Canada http://youradchoices.ca/ or the European Interactive Digital Advertising Alliance in Europe http://www.youronlinechoices.eu/, or opt-out using your mobile device settings.
For more information on the privacy practices of Facebook, please visit Facebook’s Data Policy: https://www.facebook.com/privacy/explanation
Usage, Performance and Miscellaneous
We may use third-party Service Providers to provide better improvement of our Service.
👍 GDPR privacy
Legal basis for processing personal data under GDPR
We may process personal data under the following conditions:
- Consent: You have given your consent for processing personal data for one or more specific purposes.
- Performance of a contract: Provision of Personal Data is necessary for the performance of an agreement with you and/or for any pre-contractual obligations thereof.
- Legal obligations: Processing personal data is necessary for compliance with a legal obligation to which Danceaway is subject.
- Vital interests: Processing personal data is necessary in order to protect your vital interests or of another natural person.
- Public interests: Processing personal data is related to a task that is carried out in the public interest or in the exercise of official authority vested in Danceaway.
- Legitimate interests: Processing personal data is necessary for the purposes of the legitimate interests pursued by Danceaway.
In any case, we will gladly help to clarify the specific legal basis that applies to the processing, and in particular whether the provision of personal data is a statutory or contractual requirement, or a requirement necessary to enter into a contract.
🗽 Your rights under the GDPR
It is important for us that you keep control over your data. We undertake to respect the confidentiality of your personal data and to guarantee you can exercise your rights.
- Request access to your personal data. You have the right to access, update or delete the information we have on You. Whenever made possible, you can access, update or request deletion of your personal data directly within your account settings section. If you are unable to perform these actions yourself, please contact us to assist you. This also enables you to receive a copy of the personal data we hold about you.
- Request correction of the personal data that we hold about You. You have the right to have corrected any incomplete or inaccurate information we hold about you.
- Object to processing of your personal data. This right exists where we are relying on a legitimate interest as the legal basis for our processing and there is something about your particular situation, which makes you want to object to our processing of your personal data on this ground. You also have the right to object where we are processing your personal data for direct marketing purposes.
- Request erasure of your personal data. You have the right to ask us to delete or remove personal data when there is no good reason for us to continue processing it.
- Request the transfer of your Personal Data. We will provide to You, or to a third-party you have chosen, your personal data in a structured, commonly used, machine-readable format. Please note that this right only applies to automated information which you initially provided consent for us to use or where we used the information to perform a contract with you.
- Withdraw your consent. You have the right to withdraw your consent on using your personal data. If You withdraw your consent, We may not be able to provide you with access to certain specific functionalities of the service.
Exercising of Your GDPR Data Protection Rights
You may exercise your rights of access, rectification, cancellation and opposition by contacting us. Please note that we may ask you to verify your identity before responding to such requests. If you make a request, We will try our best to respond to you as soon as possible.
You have the right to complain to a Data Protection Authority about our collection and use of your personal data. For more information, if you are in the European Economic Area (EEA), please contact your local data protection authority in the EEA.
💬 Facebook fan page
Data Controller for the Facebook Fan Page
Danceaway is the data controller of your personal data collected while using the app. As operator of the Facebook fan page (https://www.facebook.com/danceawayapp), the Company and the operator of the social network Facebook are joint controllers.
We have entered into agreements with Facebook that define the terms for use of the Facebook Fan Page, among other things. These terms are mostly based on the Facebook Terms of Service: https://www.facebook.com/terms.php
We use the Facebook Insights function in connection with the operation of the Facebook Fan Page and on the basis of the GDPR, in order to obtain anonymized statistical data about our users.
For this purpose, Facebook places a cookie on the device of the user visiting our Facebook Fan Page. Each Cookie contains a unique identifier code and remains active for a period of two years, except when it is deleted before the end of this period.
Facebook receives, records and processes the information stored in the Cookie, especially when the user visits the Facebook services, services that are provided by other members of the Facebook Fan Page and services by other companies that use Facebook services.
🧒🏻 Children’s privacy
Danceaway is an app for people over 18 years old. We do not address or knowingly collect personally identifiable information of anyone under the age of 18. If You are a parent or guardian and you are aware that your child has provided us with personal data, please contact us. If we become aware that we have collected personal data from anyone under the age of 18, we take steps to remove that information from our servers.
If we need to rely on consent as a legal basis for processing your information and your country requires consent from a parent, we may require your parent’s consent before we collect and use that information.
🔗 Links to other websites
We have no control over and assume no responsibility for the content, privacy policies or practices of any third party sites or services.
☎️ Contact us